Re: Encoding issue (utf8): different strings received from java than from PGAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Marc Mamin
Subject Re: Encoding issue (utf8): different strings received from java than from PGAdmin
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thank you for your tip,
This was an issue with our java compiler which did not interprete the
source code being utf8.

Marc Mamin

-----Original Message-----
From: Albe Laurenz [mailto:all@adv.magwien.gv.at]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 9:39 AM
To: Marc Mamin; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [JDBC] Encoding issue (utf8): different strings received
from java than from PGAdmin
I tried, but cannot reproduce your problem.

Try to examine all the strings involved with 'od -c' and see where your
results differ from mine:

'od -c' on my Test.java and Test.class contain:

   s   e   l   e   c   t       r   a   i   s   e   c   o   d   e
   (   '   $ 302 247   K 303 274 302 247   $   '   )

'od -c' on my log file contains:

   r   a   i   s   e   c   o   d   e       o   u   t   p   u   t
   :       $ 302 247   K 303 274 302 247   $  \n

Is it the same for you?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe