a way to generate functions dynamically ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Marc Mamin
Subject a way to generate functions dynamically ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

I need to generate some procedures that depend  data models stored in my DBs.
As I have different models in different databases, the stored procedures will differ.

My idea is to generate the required stored procedures dynamically once a model is defined.
I will probably do this within the application. But is there a way to achieve this with plpgsql ?

here a naive try to illustrate  my idea:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test(p1 int)
  RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$

EXECUTE'

    CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION generated(p2 int)
    RETURNS integer AS

    $BODY$

     BEGIN
       return p2 + ' || p1 || ';