Re: Create extension tablefunc fails with "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Mechtel
Subject Re: Create extension tablefunc fails with "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the quick reply,

This could indeed be a solution since the webhosting migrated the old folder I used for installation on 32bit.

I am not very familar with linux, I'd like to ask for two clarifications:

>If so, you should start from a fresh source tree;  or run "make clean" or
>"make maintainer-clean" before configuring and building again.
1. You refer to my installation of postgresql-9.1.3 ? as far as I understand the tablefunc I am trying to load is included there
2. Would I need to "uninstall" postgresql-9.1.3 somehow before running the install again?

Thanks,

Jan

On 20 October 2012 19:54, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Jan Mechtel <jmechtel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our webhoster moved us to a 64Bit CentOS. I installed postgresql-9.1.3 from
> source.

Did you also install contrib from the same source?

> I run into trouble when trying to create the tablefunc extension
>
> b2blogin_mailrocket=# create extension tablefunc;
> ERROR:  could not load library "/home/b2blogin/lib/postgresql/tablefunc.so":
> /home/b2blogin/lib/postgresql/tablefunc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> On google I didn't only find some clues, that this seems related to 64bit
> vs. 32bit.
>
> Please help or point me in the right direction.

It looks like your tablefunc is left over from a previous build/install.

Had you previously used the same source tree to install tablefunc
under 32 bit?  If so, you should start from a fresh source tree;  or
run "make clean" or "make maintainer-clean" before configuring and
building again.

Cheers,

Jeff