Re: autovacuum just stop vacuuming specific table for 7 hours - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mariel Cherkassky
Subject Re: autovacuum just stop vacuuming specific table for 7 hours
Date
List pgsql-performance
The PostgreSQL version is 9.6.
I dont have access to the machine right now so I will check tomorrow. Basically those values should be the same because they are updated by the autovacuum process right ?
Any idea what else to check ? During the week last_autovacuum (in pg_stat_all_tables) were updated every hour. Only during those problematic 7 hours it wasnt updated.

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 6 במרץ 2019 ב-19:05 מאת ‪Justin Pryzby‬‏ <‪pryzby@telsasoft.com‬‏>:‬
On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 06:47:21PM +0200, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> Those settings helped but the table still grey very much. I wrote a script
> that monitored some metadata about the table (pg_stat_all_tables,count(*)
> from orig and toasted table). I let the system monitor the table for a week
> and I found out the next info :

> Autovacuum was running great during the whole week and whenever it reached
> 10k records in the toasted table it started vacuuming the table. *However,
> The db grew dramatically during a period of 7 hours in a specific day. In
> those 7 hours the table contained more then 10k (and kept increasing) but
> the autovacuum didnt vacuum the table*. I saw that during those 7 hours
> autovacuum didnt run and as a result of that the table grew to its max
> size(the current size).

Does pg_stat_all_tables show that the table ought to have been vacuumed ?

SELECT * FROM pg_stat_sys_tables WHERE relid='pg_toast.pg_toast_123456'::regclass;

Compare with relpages, reltuple FROM pg_class

What postgres version ?

Justin