Re: pg_authid has duplicated rows - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mariel Cherkassky
Subject Re: pg_authid has duplicated rows
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018, 4:57 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> writes:
> I checked it also in version 9.6, and in this version I can edit the
> pg_authid table. I'm suppose to get an error that the table is a system
> catalog or am I wrong ?

No, the "system catalog modification" restriction only applies to DDL
on the system catalogs --- for instance, adding/removing a column, which
our C code couldn't cope with.  You're free to change their contents by
hand if you're a superuser.  (And if you break something that way, you
get to keep both pieces.  But sometimes it's necessary.)

                        regards, tom lane