Re: High COMMIT times - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From José Arthur Benetasso Villanova
Subject Re: High COMMIT times
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 3:03 PM Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 11:50 AM Craig Jackson <craig.jackson@broadcom.com> wrote:
We had a similar situation recently and saw high commit times that were caused by having unindexed foreign key columns when deleting data with large tables involved.  You might check to see if any new foreign key constraints have been added recently or if any foreign key indexes may have inadvertently been removed. Indexing the foreign keys resolved our issue.

Interesting, I'll run a check for any. Thanks!

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us

Do you have standby databases and synchronous_commit = 'remote_apply'?
--
José Arthur Benetasso Villanova