Re: SQL:2011 application time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul A Jungwirth
Subject Re: SQL:2011 application time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 2:39 PM Paul A Jungwirth
<pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 10:39 AM Paul A Jungwirth
> <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> wrote:
> > Here is a set of patches to add SQL:2011 application-time support (aka
> > valid-time).
>
> Here is a small fix to prevent `FOR PORTION OF valid_at FROM MAXVALUE
> TO foo` or `FROM foo TO MINVALUE`. I rebased on latest master too.

Here is a patch set that cleans up the catalog docs for pg_period. The
columns have changed since that was written, and also we use a
different sgml structure on those pages now. Note pg_period still
contains a couple essentially-unused columns, perislocal and
perinhcount. Those are intended for supporting table inheritance, so
I've left them in.

Paul

Attachment