Re: range_agg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul A Jungwirth
Subject Re: range_agg
Date
Re: range_agg  (Paul A Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 10:20 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

> This needs to be rebased ; set cfbot to "waiting".

Here is a patch that is rebased onto current master. It also includes
the analyze/selectivity additions.

I haven't made much progress storing on-disk multiranges without the
range type oids. Peter Geoghegan suggested I look at how we handle
arrays in heap_deform_tuple, but I don't see anything there to help me
(probably I misunderstood him though). Just knowing that arrays are
something we do this for is enough to hunt for clues, but if anyone
can point me more directly to code that will help me do it for
multiranges, I'd be appreciative.

Yours,
Paul

Attachment