Re: PATCH: Add Table Access Method option to pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mason Sharp
Subject Re: PATCH: Add Table Access Method option to pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 12:33 AM Michel Pelletier <michel@supabase.io> wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 18:09, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 10:06:49AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> And the conclusion back then is that one can already achieve this by
> using PGOPTIONS:
> PGOPTIONS='-c default_table_access_method=wuzza' pgbench [...]
>
> So there is no need to complicate more pgbench, particularly when it
> comes to partitioned tables where USING is not supported.  Your patch
> touches this area of the client code to bypass the backend error.

Actually, it could be a good thing to mention that directly in the
docs of pgbench.

I've attached a documentation patch that mentions and links to the PGOPTIONS documentation per your suggestion.  I'll keep the other patch on the back burner, perhaps in the future there will be demand for a command line option as more TAMs are created.

The documentation change looks good to me