Re: jsonb array-style subscription - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitry Dolgov
Subject Re: jsonb array-style subscription
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20 January 2016 at 02:14, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Dmitry Dolgov wrote:

> I've cleaned up the code, created a separate JsonbRef node (and there are a
> lot of small changes because of that), abandoned an idea of "deep nesting"
> of assignments (because it doesn't relate to jsonb subscription, is more
> about the
> "jsonb_set" function, and anyway it's not a good idea). It looks fine for
> me, and I need a little guidance - is it ok to propose this feature for
> commitfest 2016-03 for a review?

Has this patch been proposed in some commitfest previously?

Unfortunately, it wasn't. I just sent an intermediate version of this patch to hackers several months ago to discuss it.

you can't add patches that are too invasive to the last one -- so your last chance for 9.6 was 2016-01.

Yes, that's what I was worried about (although I didn't know exactly about this rule before).