Re: [psycopg] Solving the SQL composition problem - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: [psycopg] Solving the SQL composition problem
Date
List psycopg
On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Daniele Varrazzo
<daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> A natural choice could be to use the str.format syntax for the query
> composition, or a subset of it. Hence my example could be:
>
> cur.execute(
>     sql.SQL("insert into {} values (%s,
> %s)").format(sql.Identifier('my_table')),
>     [10, 20])

That's now implemented in the branch; docs updated too:
http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/sql.html. In particular see
http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/sql.html#psycopg2.sql.SQL.format which
replaces the previous SQL % operator (no more supported). It is no
more necessary to specify value placeholders as %%s so it's easier to
switch between constant and parametrized queries.

-- Daniele