Re: psycopg3 transactions - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: psycopg3 transactions
Date
List psycopg
Hi Paolo,

in psycopg 3, the normal transaction behaviour demanded by the dbapi
is by default enabled. So, even if you don't use `conn.transaction()`,
a transaction will be started anyway (just, it won't finish at the end
of a block but will need an explicit commit).

So,

    with con.cursor() as cur:
        cur.execute("SELECT * FROM table;")

does actually start a transaction, and if you don't commit it will not
be terminated.

If you want to use *only* `conn.transaction()` to manage your
transactions, and leave everything outside a block as autocommit, you
need an autocommit connection, which you can create passing
`autocommit=True` on `connect()` or setting `conn.autocommit = True`
after connection.

Does it help?

Cheers

-- Daniele