Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany() - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany()
Date
List psycopg
On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> I have to go with Christophe's explanation. They are seeing the effects of
> 200 separate transactions, though like he stated later this more an
> assumption then something I have tested.

My wild wild wild assumption is that they have a trigger on the table
that gets triggered 200 times instead of one.

The only thing I am sure of is that psycopg doesn't use any BEGIN
specifically in executemany.

-- Daniele