Re: Connection failures when using green - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: Connection failures when using green
Date
List psycopg
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Alexey Borzenkov <snaury@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to use psycopg2 together with greenlet/gevent and I noticed
> that when green psycopg2 connection errors are useless, since they always
> raise "asynchronous connection failed" exception and there's no way to know
> what exactly went wrong. Turns out that the patch for this is trivial (which
> I'm using), but I'm wondering if there's some underlying reason it wasn't
> done like that in the first place?

Thank you for the patch. Not sure why it wasn't done in first place: I
assume during testing we found failure modes that didn't populate the
connection error message.

I think it would be ok to return the error message from the connection
as your patch proposes, falling back on the generic error message in
case the former is empty.

-- Daniele