Re: Fixed redundant i18n strings in json - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: Fixed redundant i18n strings in json
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'd definitely replace /arg/argument/. Furthermore I'd avoid the form
"argument 1: something is wrong": the string is likely to end up in
sentences with other colons so I'd rather use "something is wrong at
argument 1".

Is the patch attached better?

Cheers,

-- Daniele

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Daniele Varrazzo
> <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please find attached a small tweak to a couple of strings found while
>> updating translations. The %d version is already used elsewhere in the
>> same file.
>
> Probably not a bad idea, but aren't these strings pretty awful anyway?
>  At a minimum, "arg" as an abbreviation for "argument" doesn't seem
> good.
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company