Re: Problem creating index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Torello Querci
Subject Re: Problem creating index
Date
List pgsql-general

2013/8/26 Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Torello Querci <tquerci@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> now create index is finished using maintenance_work_mem=100MB.
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> I suppose that an error message more clear can help.

Unfortunately, since no one knows what the real problem is, we can't
make the message more clear.  Something that is never supposed to
happen has happened.

One thing you could do is set log_error_verbosity to verbose.

It seems like the most likely cause is flaky hardware, either memory
or hard-drive.  In which case, your database is in serious danger of
irrecoverable corruption.

Is it reproducible that if you lower the maintenance_work_mem you get
the error again, and if you raise it the error does not occur?

I'll try to restore the database on the same hw but different DB using differente maintenance_work_mem end verbosity and I'll posted the result here, if can help to improve the error message.

Cheers, Torello