Re: Turn a json column into a table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Shaozhong SHI
Subject Re: Turn a json column into a table
Date
List pgsql-sql

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 at 22:47, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/19/22 15:40, Shaozhong SHI wrote:

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 at 08:37, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi Ion,

> there seems to be an example in the archives
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180526150323.GB28324%40momjian.us

Many thanks !   I shall indeed go Read The Fine Manual now.

In case I might have further questions I would like to come back,
post my work and understanding, and ask for specific guidance on
the aspects I can't fully solve myself.

Thanks again,
Karsten

In the JSON column, one key can be seen present as other keys.  But, when use json_object_keys, it did not turn up at all.

Is there a way to cast json column as text, and extract values from text?

Nothing in https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/functions-json.html helps?

That is very odd.  That key and vale disappeared when the column casted as text.

Regards,

David