Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes
Date
In response to Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 5:07 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > If someone out there is not enabling any of that stuff
> > because their system doesn't like threads, they can use
> > --disable-thread-safety to avoid the effects of this change.
>
> No, that's nonsense; --disable-thread-safety only affects what happens
> on the frontend side.

That's exactly what I'm talking about changing.  With the patch, BE's
LDAP library variant would also be controlled by that configure
switch, so it would always match the FE.  Almost all users would
continue to choose libldap_r.so for the FE, so they'd start getting
that in the BE too (if they didn't already due to distro-supplied
symlinks).  People using --disable-thread-safety would continue to get
libldap.so for FE and BE, as they do today.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com