Re: check_strxfrm_bug() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: check_strxfrm_bug()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 3:22 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... If you're worried that the bugs might
> come back, then the test is insufficient: modern versions of both OSes
> have strxfrm_l(), which we aren't checking.

With my garbage collector hat on, that made me wonder if there was
some more potential cleanup here: could we require locale_t yet?  The
last straggler systems on our target OS list to add the POSIX locale_t
stuff were Solaris 11.4 (2018) and OpenBSD 6.2 (2018).  Apparently
it's still too soon: we have two EOL'd OSes in the farm that are older
than that.  But here's an interesting fact about wrasse, assuming its
host is gcc211: it looks like it can't even apply further OS updates
because the hardware[1] is so old that Solaris doesn't support it
anymore[2].

[1] https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/
[2] https://support.oracle.com/knowledge/Sun%20Microsystems/2382427_1.html