Re: Remove HeapTuple and Buffer dependency for predicate locking functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Remove HeapTuple and Buffer dependency for predicate locking functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:41 AM Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:44 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm planning to commit these three patches on Monday.  I've attached
>> versions with whitespace-only changes from pgindent, and commit
>> messages lightly massaged and updated to point to this discussion and
>> reviewers.
>
> Thanks a lot, sounds good.

Hi Ashwin,

I pushed the first two, but on another read-through of the main patch
I didn't like the comments for CheckForSerializableConflictOut() or
the fact that it checks SerializationNeededForRead() again, after I
thought a bit about what the contract for this API is now.  Here's a
version with small fixup that I'd like to squash into the patch.
Please let me know what you think, or if you see how to improve it
further.

Attachment