Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 6:52 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think that the Windows CI is running the TAP tests for
> contrib. At least, I can't find any indication of it in the output. So
> it doesn't really help to assess how portable this test is, unless I'm
> missing something.

Yeah :-(  vcregress.pl doesn't yet have an easy way to run around and
find contrib modules with tap tests and run them, for the CI script to
call.  (I think there was a patch somewhere?  I've been bitten by the
lack of this recently...)

In case it's helpful, here's how to run a specific contrib module's
TAP test by explicitly adding it.  That'll run once I post this email,
but I already ran in it my own github account and it looks like this:

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5637156969381888

https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5637156969381888/log/contrib/basebackup_to_shell/tmp_check/log/regress_log_001_basic

https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5637156969381888/log/contrib/basebackup_to_shell/tmp_check/log/001_basic_primary.log

Attachment