Re: race condition when writing pg_control - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: race condition when writing pg_control
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 2:03 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 10:56:13AM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > Sorry for my radio silence, I got tangled up with a couple of
> > conferences.  I'm planning to look at 0001 and 0002 shortly.
>
> Thanks!

I pushed 0001 and 0002, squashed into one commit.  I'm not sure about
0003.  If we're going to do that, wouldn't it be better to just
acquire the lock in that one extra place in StartupXLOG(), rather than
introducing the extra parameter?