Re: pgsql: Track LLVM 15 changes. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pgsql: Track LLVM 15 changes.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 11:44 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > On 2022-02-16 09:18:53 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> >> Yeah I mentioned this problem in the other thread.  I got as far as
> >> finding this write-up:
> >> https://llvm.org/docs/OpaquePointers.html
>
> > Given that major parts of llvm (clang alone contains ~1k references) aren't
> > yet transitioned, I wonder if should silence them for now?
>
> For my own part, I don't have any problem with just filtering these
> warnings for now.  I don't need any buildfarm changes for that.

Shortly I'll do the back-patch of LLVM 14 API changes (their final
release tag is scheduled for tomorrow, as I've been reminded by
package maintainers trying and failing to build).  But I figured I
should also follow up on this bandaid solution to the API deprecation
warnings, that is, silencing them for now, so we don't spew screeds of
warnings.  Does someone have a better idea than the attached?

Attachment