Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 10:23 AM Petr Jelinek
<petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> As Andres has mentioned over at minimal decoding on standby thread [1],
> that functionality can be used to add simple worker which periodically
> synchronizes the slot state from the primary to a standby.
>
> Attached patch is rough implementation of such worker. It's nowhere near
> committable in the current state, it servers primarily two purposes - to
> have something over what we can agree on the approach (and if we do,
> serve as base for that) and to demonstrate that the patch in [1] can
> indeed be used for this functionality. All this means that this patch
> depends on the [1] to work.

Hi Petr,

Do I understand correctly that this depends on the "logical decoding
on standby" patch, but that isn't in the Commitfest?  Seems like an
oversight, since that thread has a recently posted v11 patch that
applies OK, and there was recent review.  You patches no longer apply
on top though.  Would it make sense to post a patch set here including
logical-decoding-on-standby_v11.patch + your two patches (rebased),
since this is currently marked as "Needs review"?

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com