Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13
Date
Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 2:26 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> - noticed that libpgport.a had and needed a dependency on errcodes.h - that
>   seemed wrong. The dependency is due to src/port/*p{read,write}v?.c including
>   postgres.h - which seems wrong. So I added a patch changing them to include
>   c.h.

Oops.  +1

GCC 12 produces a bunch of warnings by default with meson, and that
turned out to be because the default optimisation level is -O3.
That's a change from the make build, which uses -O2.  Should we set a
default of 2, or is there some meson-way-of-doing-things reason why
not?