Re: Rare SSL failures on eelpout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Rare SSL failures on eelpout
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 4:07 PM Shawn Debnath <sdn@amazon.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 11:13:31AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > So... can anyone tell us what happens on Windows?

> C:\Users\Shawn Debnath\Desktop>c:\Python27\python.exe tmunro-ssl-test.py --client
> Sending A...
> 2
> Sending B...
> [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
> Sending C...
> [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "tmunro-ssl-test.py", line 57, in <module>
>     client()
>   File "tmunro-ssl-test.py", line 51, in client
>     print s.recv(1024)
> socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Thanks!  Wow, so not only can we not read the final message sent by
the server, if we try we get an error.  That's... not what we want.  I
wonder if there might be a way to put the socket into don't-do-that
mode...

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com