Re: A little report on informal commit tag usage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: A little report on informal commit tag usage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 5:12 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> >   42     Doc

> [...]  I see a lot more than 42 such commit messages in the past
> year, so not sure what you were counting?

I would have tried to exclude the first line messages if I'd thought
of that.  But anyway, the reason for the low Doc number is case
sensitivity. I ran that on a Mac and its lame collation support failed
me in the "sort" step (also -i didn't do what I wanted, but that
wasn't the issue).  Trying again on FreeBSD box and explicitly setting
LANG for the benefit of anyone else wanting to run this (see end), and
then removing a few obvious false matches, I now get similar numbers
in most fields but a higher "doc" number:

 767     Author
   9     Authors
 144     Backpatch-through
  55     Backpatch