Re: BUG #17928: Standby fails to decode WAL on termination of primary - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #17928: Standby fails to decode WAL on termination of primary
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 3:19 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> And here you go for all the three branches, with all the tests
> passing.  This change is complicated enough that it would be better to
> get more eyes on the three patches for these specific branches.  Now,
> this is much simpler since we don't have to worry about the
> prefetching.

Thanks!  Yeah.

> For these versions, it struck me that we *require* 6860198 so as the
> header validation is able to correctly happen across page reads when
> doing crash recovery.   I have added this change in the patches
> attached for simplicity, but 6860198 should be applied first on 12~14
> as an independent change.  I can do that as a first step, if you are
> OK with that.

Ahhhh, that explains why back-patching was unexpectedly unsuccessful
when I tried it.  I have added Fujii-san to the CC list.  I don't see
any problem with that plan but it would be good to hear from him.