Re: pg_upgrade test failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pg_upgrade test failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 1:31 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> I suspect that rmtree() was looping in pgunlink(), and got ENOENT, so
> didn't warn about the file itself, but then failed one moment later in
> rmdir.

Yeah, I think this is my fault.  In commit f357233c the new lstat()
call might return ENOENT for STATUS_DELETE_PENDING, and then we don't
enter pgunlink()'s 10 second sleep-retry loop.  Let me think about how
best to fix that, and how to write a regression test program that
would exercise stuff like this.  Might take a couple of days as I am
away from computers until mid-week.