Re: LLVM compile failing in seawasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: LLVM compile failing in seawasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 8:03 AM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
> If reordering includes is not an option, too bad. Then "#undef Min" which
> I find disputable, allthough I've done much worse... it might or might not
> work depending on what is done afterwards. Or rename the macro, as I
> suggested first, but there are many instances. Or convince LLVM people
> that they should change their stuff. Or document that pg jit will cannot
> use the latest LLVM, as a feature. Or find another solution:-)

Let's just commit the #undef so that seawasp is green and back to
being ready to tell us if something else breaks.  Personally, I don't
see any reason why <random other project> should entertain a request
to change their variable names to avoid our short common word macros
that aren't even all-caps, but if someone asks them and they agree to
do that before the final 9.0 release we can just revert.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com