Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 1:21 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I've also tried to reproduce on 32-bit and 64-bit Intel, without
> success.  So if this is real, maybe it's related to being big-endian
> hardware?  But it's also quite sensitive to $dunno-what, maybe the
> history of WAL records that have already been replayed.

Ah, that's interesting.  There are a couple of sparc64 failures and a
ppc64 failure in the build farm, but I couldn't immediately spot what
was wrong with them or whether it might be related to this stuff.

Thanks for the clues.  I'll see what unusual systems I can find to try
this on....