Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 11:08 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> commit fe246d1c111d43fd60a1b0afff25ed09b7ae11eb
> Author: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> Date:   Fri Apr 2 09:44:42 2021 +0900
>
>     Improve stability of test with vacuum_truncate in reloptions.sql
>
> Hmm... looking at that commit and the referenced discussion, I'm not
> sure why that commit added only FREEZE and not also
> DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING, following the example of:
>
> commit c2dc1a79767a0f947e1145f82eb65dfe4360d25f
> Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Date:   Wed Jan 20 11:49:29 2021 -0500
>
>     Disable vacuum page skipping in selected test cases.

Alright, I've pushed a change like that.  Let's see if that clears it
up.  (From the curious coincidences department: the earlier
complaint[1] also involved some kind of replication (Postgres Pro
multimaster, about which I know nothing).)

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/87tuotr2hh.fsf%40ars-thinkpad