Re: wrong fds used for refilenodes after pg_upgrade relfilenode changes Reply-To: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: wrong fds used for refilenodes after pg_upgrade relfilenode changes Reply-To:
Date
Re: wrong fds used for refilenodes after pg_upgrade relfilenode changes Reply-To:  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 7:50 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> The main question in my mind is who is going to actually make that
> happen. It was your idea (I think), Thomas coded it, and my commit
> made it a live problem. So who's going to get something committed
> here?

I was about to commit that, because the original Windows problem it
solved is showing up occasionally in CI failures (that is, it already
solves a live problem, albeit a different and non-data-corrupting
one):

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKGJp-m8uAD_wS7%2BdkTgif013SNBSoJujWxvRUzZ1nkoUyA%40mail.gmail.com

It seems like I should go ahead and do that today, and we can study
further uses for PROCSIGNAL_BARRIER_SMGRRELEASE in follow-on work?