Re: "innovative Serializable Snapshot Isolation (SSI) level" - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: "innovative Serializable Snapshot Isolation (SSI) level"
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:24 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug  3, 2020 at 01:41:24AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> > The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/mvcc-intro.html
> >
> > The documentation page:
> > __https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/mvcc-intro.html
> > makes a reference to the term "innovative Serializable Snapshot Isolation
> > (SSI) level"
> > I can't find that anywhere in the documentation.  I am expecting to find it
> > here:
> > __https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/transaction-iso.html
> > or here:
> > __https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-set-transaction.html
> > But there is nothing.
> >
> > A search for the term "innovative Serializable Snapshot Isolation (SSI)
> > level":
> > __https://www.postgresql.org/search/?q=Serializable+Snapshot+Isolation+
> > produces a lengthy listing, demonstrating that the term is used throughout
> > the documentation.  But there is no entry in the documentation that defines
> > the term, or that defines the commands required to use it.
>
> Uh, it is here:
>
>         https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/transaction-iso.html#XACT-SERIALIZABLE
>
> "innovative" is not part of the name.

Some more information was also recently added to provide references,
but it hasn't rolled out to the version 12 documentation website yet.
You can see it in the development version, though:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/transaction-iso.html

Here's the commit:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=1575fbf1ac3c8464b2dade245deff537a3aa2498