Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 3:41 AM Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 11/7/19 9:12 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >>
> >> The patch says:
> >>
> >> +        require Win32::API;
> >> +        Win32::API->import;
> > Oh, you're right, it does.  I wonder why, though:
> >

> On further inspection I think those lines are unnecessary. The remainder
> of the patch doesn't use this at all, AFAICT.

So does that mean we're back on, we can use a patch like Juan Jose's?
I'd love to get rid of these intermittent buildfarm failures, like
this one just now:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2019-11-20%2010%3A00%3A10

Here you can see:

could not read
"C:/prog/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_ctl/tmp_check/t_004_logrotate_primary_data/pgdata/current_logfiles":
Permission denied at
C:/prog/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/test/perl/TestLib.pm line 397.

That line is in the subroutine slurp_file, and says open(my $in, '<',
$filename).  Using various clues from this thread, it seems like we
could, on Windows only, add code to TestLib.pm's INIT to rebind
*CORE::GLOBAL::open to a wrapper function that would just do
CreateFile(..., PLEASE_BE_MORE_LIKE_UNIX, ...).