Re: BUG #17641: postgresql service persistently restarts because "could not open shared memory segment" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #17641: postgresql service persistently restarts because "could not open shared memory segment"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 4:31 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 8:52 AM PG Bug reporting form
> <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > 2022-10-15 20:00:37.973 CEST [19124] LOG:  Datenbanksystem ist bereit, um
> > Verbindungen anzunehmen
> > 2022-10-15 20:00:44.113 CEST [23816] FATAL:  konnte Shared-Memory-Segment
> > »Global/PostgreSQL.1886284784« nicht öffnen: No such file or directory
> > 2022-10-15 20:00:44.113 CEST [23816] FATAL:  can't attach the same segment
> > more than once
>
> Hi,
>
> Do you have any extensions installed, and can you share any
> non-default settings from postgresql.conf or similar?

Off-list reply was that this happened straight away with the
EnterpriseDB installer without changing any settings, using
PGDATA=C:\ProgramData\PostgreSQL\data.  I can't immediately guess how
that first error is caused, but it's also interesting that we
apparently screwed up our internal state afterwards because the second
implies that we tried to attach to something we already knew we were
attached to.  But we haven't had any reports like this from our
Windows-based developers who've been testing the 15 branch for a
while, and we don't see this on the buildfarm or CI, so I think the
first port of call here will be to ping the EDB package team and see
if they can reproduce or understand this?  CCing Sandeep for info.