Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Date
Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 12:54 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> So this would truncate the process title on all Linux that have an LD_
> environment entry, even those without musl?

Yep.  How long is /proc/XXX/cmdline (check with wc -c /proc/...) in a
postmaster near you?  You'd always get that much, plus as much of
/proc/XXX/environ as we can find before you reach LD_XXX=, which on a
typical system would, I guess, usually be never.  If it's a problem
you could try to arrange for LD_ XXX to come later in environ[].  What
I observe is that they seem to get copied in backwards, wrt the
environment exported by the parent, so if you set DUMMY=XXXXXXXX just
before starting the process it'll make sacrificial space in the right
place (but I'm not sure where that effect is coming from so don't
quote me).