Re: How to get Transaction Timestamp ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raghavendra
Subject Re: How to get Transaction Timestamp ?
Date
Re: How to get Transaction Timestamp ?  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thank you for your valuable inputs.

Agreed, with the help of two workarounds we can pull the trx-timestamp one with additional-column/trigger and another with log_line_prefix from pg_log/logs.

However, I was curious to know any thing stored at Page-Level(like XID) to help me in getting the transaction timestamp.

--Raghav

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 21:39, Raghavendra
> We can get a Transaction ID, but not the transaction timestamp when it
> performed.

Short answer: You can't. Instead, add a new "timestamptz default
now()" column, that will get you the time of the insert.

If you want the update time, create a BEFORE UPDATE ON x FOR EACH ROW
trigger on this table to update it.

Regards,
Marti