Re: pg_basebackup -R option in PG 9.3 beta - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raghavendra
Subject Re: pg_basebackup -R option in PG 9.3 beta
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Hari Babu <haribabu.kommi@huawei.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:50 PM Raghavendra wrote:

>Hi,

>While trying new features of Pg 9.3 beta, my eyes caught on pg_basebackup -R option so I have given a try but somehow I didn't succeed it to work...

>-bash-4.1$ ./pg_basebackup --version

>pg_basebackup (PostgreSQL) 9.3beta1

>-bash-4.1$ ./pg_basebackup -h localhost -D ../data_bkp -p 5555 -U postgres -R

>./pg_basebackup: symbol lookup error: ./pg_basebackup: undefined symbol: PQconninfo

>Can anyone help me where am doing the mistake ?

I feel the library is not able to load while executing pg_basebackup.

Try the following command in linux and check it.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<lib path>

Regards,

Hari babu.

Thank you for your quick response. It was my oversight.
It worked.

In earlier version of primary connection information was enclosed within one single quote:
primary_conninfo = 'user=postgres host=localhost port=5432'

But, the file created with -R option (recovery.conf) has doubled the single quotes for all variable values  user/host/port/sslmode/sslcompression in primary connection.

standby_mode = 'on'
primary_conninfo = 'user=''postgres'' host=''localhost'' port=''5555'' sslmode=''disable'' sslcompression=''1'' '

Was it intentional to double the singe quotes of variable values ?

--Raghav