Re: pg_Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raghavendra
Subject Re: pg_Restore
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM, bhanu udaya <udayabhanu1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
Greetings !
I tried with all the below options. It approximatly takes 1 hour 30 minutes for restoring a 9GB database.  This much time can not be affordable as the execution of test cases take only 10% of this whole time and waiting 1 hour 30 minutes after every test case execution is alot for the team.  Kindly let me know if we can reduce the database restoration time .

On linux, below settings work well using using -j option of pg_restore. Since its windows, give another try with below option.(as already best suggested in this email).

shared_buffers= 1024MB
work_mem= 512MB
maintenance_work_mem = 1GB
checkpoint_segments=(in between 128 - 256)
checkpoint_timeout=(default is 15mns make to 1h)
autovacuum=off
track_counts=off
fsync=off
full_page_writes=off
synchronous_commit=off
bgwriter_delay=(default 200ms, change to 50ms)

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation