Re: A query in Streaming Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sreerama Manoj
Subject Re: A query in Streaming Replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Thanks for you reply

>> If files are assumed to
>> be sound, pg_rewind will adjust the old master as  a new standby

To use pg_rewind, we should either enable wal_log_hints  or initialize data directory with checksum enabled. These are not default and will not be enabled in most of the cases. In those scenarios, we cannot pg_rewind to sync data.

>> The .partial file is created when timeline diverges at midst of a WAL segment

I read somewhere that a .partial file will definitely be created during promotion of the slave database and is introduced from the postgres 9.5 version. Please correct me if I am wrong. But in my scenario, it is not getting generated.

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj.