Re: pg_stat_statements issue with parallel maintenance (Was Re: WALusage calculation patch) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: pg_stat_statements issue with parallel maintenance (Was Re: WALusage calculation patch)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 16:16, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 11:19 AM Masahiko Sawada
> <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > The attached patch changes to the above comment and removed the code
> > that is used to un-support only buffer usage accumulation.
> >

> So, IIUC, the purpose of this patch will be to count the buffer usage
> due to the heap scan (in heapam_index_build_range_scan) we perform
> while parallel create index? Because the index creation itself won't
> use buffer manager.

Oops, I'd missed Peter's comment. Btree index doesn't use
heapam_index_build_range_scan so it's not necessary. Sorry for the
noise.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/