How to fix the problem of "archiver process failed" - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shih Théo
Subject How to fix the problem of "archiver process failed"
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello everyone,

Recently I encountered some problems when using postgres' PITR.
The function worked well before but it starts to get some problems now.

I found out that the postgres archiver did not work properly. It shows postgres: archiver process failed on 0000000400000007000000FA.

I know this problem results from the missing WAL file in my machine. That is postgres archiver tries to archive 0000000400000007000000FA but it cannot find it. However, this is weird because the missing WAL file has been already copy to my remote backup host.

I would like to know how could this happens and how can I fix this "archiver process failed" problem. Could anyone give me some comments please.

Note:
1. The version of the postgres in my machine 8.3
2. This problem happens after I successfully execute the recovery procedure and try to execute backup procedure.

Best regards,
Leo