Re: JDBC driver returns different version strings on Ubuntu and CentOS - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jorge Solórzano
Subject Re: JDBC driver returns different version strings on Ubuntu and CentOS
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
The DatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseProductVersion() returns the exact string of ParameterStatus "server_version", and this version can be different from ditro to distro, in my Ubuntu the "server_version" returns: "10.2 (Ubuntu 10.2-1.pgdg16.04+1)". In other words the version returned is not "parsed/cleaned", and if you need to implement some logic based on the version, is better to use getDatabaseMajorVersion() and getDatabaseMinorVersion().

Regards.