Re: Bytea Example - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: Bytea Example
Date
List pgsql-general
Naveen:

1st, do not top post, it is frowned upon here. AAMOF I was tempted to
skip your message due to this, as it makes replying too hard.

AK asked you (twice), "What programming language and database driver
are you using?"

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 7:11 PM Naveen Kumar <naveenmcp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am connected to PostgreSQL in a Windows environment. Below is my version:
> "PostgreSQL 12.3, compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64-bit"

AK question is relevant because pg is a client-server database. I
assume you have the server correctly installed and running, but we
need to know what client software you are using, i.e....

- "I'm using the bundled psql command line program."
   In this case you interact by sending sql commands directly (I'm not
able to put a sample because I never use bytea from psql, but many on
this list do and can help you.

- "I'm using pgAdmin4", and some pgAdmin user can help you.

- "I'm using a C program using libpq"

- "I'm using a Java program using JDBC"

> I am just trying to practice LOB objects, like byteA data type, in PostgreSQL. Unfortunately, I didn't find good
linksregarding this so I raised the issue. Nothing else I am doing.

There are lot of links, many people know them by heart, but you need
to help them by answering the question.

The driver/language phrasing in AK question is because normally no one
uses a plain sql ( psql/pgadmin) tool for LOBs, but if you do there
are links which can be provided.

Bear in mind that for all we know you could be connecting using your
own gopher based tool which translates coloquial swahili to sql.

Francisco Olarte.