Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL  (D'Arcy Cain <darcy@druid.net>)
List pgsql-general
Paul:

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:45 AM, Paul Hughes <paul@vivation.com> wrote:
> ....My question still remains though - why is it that all the largest web platforms that have used PostgreSQL
*specifically*choose Python as their back-end language?

Do you have any data supporting that? AFAIK people tend to choose the
language first, database second, not the other way round, and many
times the platform language is nailed, but the db can be changed.
Also, WHICH platforms are you referring to?

> Why are Postgres and Python so married, in the same way that Node.js is largely married to MondogDB?

I do not think either of these is true.

Francisco Olarte.