Re: Query not producing expected result - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: Query not producing expected result
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 8:04 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> You don't have to use the functions:
> test_(postgres)# select dt_fld from dt_test where dt_fld  <@
> '[2019-02-01, 2019-03-01)'::daterange ;

I knew there have to be a cast syntax ( I should have said I try to
avoid casts as well ).  I will take your advice and learn more of
these, but all that operators and cast take quite a bit to learn (
specially as I do not do that much sql and I tend to forget operators
as I routinelly have to use about a dozen languages,that's why I try
to use the more common / old way ( and 30+ years of habit take a bit
to change ) ).

Thanks.
Francisco Olarte.