Re: mysql_fdw trouble - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dane Foster
Subject Re: mysql_fdw trouble
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/29/2015 05:38 PM, Dane Foster wrote:
Hello,

I think I've tripped over another mysq_fdw bug. I've filed a bug report
on github already but just in case the problem is w/ my query I figured
I would post it here in case someone sees something obvious.

The error message I get is: null value in column "location" violates
not-null constraint.

The DDL is here: https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw/issues/71

For the record I know top posting is a crime against god and humanity
but I feel justified because this post is not directly related to the
original. So there!  Granted it's in the same milieu; and yes this
current sentence exists for the sole purpose of me being able to use the
word milieu because the opportunity to use it is so few and far between.

​INSERT INTO series (cid, day, title, description, location, duration,
can_join)
   SELECT
     cid,
     row_number() OVER (PARTITION BY cid ORDER BY lower(duration)),
     title,
     description,
     location,
     duration,
     can_join
   FROM (
     SELECT
       cid,
       title,
       description,
       can_join::BOOLEAN,
       (SELECT label FROM _locations WHERE loc=location) AS location,
       ('[' || starts || ', ' || (starts + INTERVAL '4 HOUR') ||
']')::TSZ_PERIOD AS duration
     FROM
       _series
   ) AS v​

​Regards,​

So what do you get when you do?:

SELECT
      cid,
      title,
      description,
      can_join::BOOLEAN,
      (SELECT label FROM _locations WHERE loc=location) AS location,
      ('[' || starts || ', ' || (starts + INTERVAL '4 HOUR') || ']')::TSTZRANGE AS duration
    FROM
      _series
  );

Dane