Re: TRUNCATE SERIALIZABLE and frozen COPY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: TRUNCATE SERIALIZABLE and frozen COPY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12 November 2012 16:22, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I guess that raises the question - should COPY (FREEZE) silently
> ignore the option for not-new relfilenodes, or should it error out?
> Simon proposed the former, but I'm wondering if the latter would be
> better.

It's got some complex pre-conditions, so having scripts fail because
you mis-specified FREEZE would be annoying.

The option indicates "I accept the potential MVCC violation", not "it
will always freeze".

If there is a better name...