Re: GetOldestXmin going backwards is dangerous after all - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: GetOldestXmin going backwards is dangerous after all
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1 February 2013 23:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Well, if we were tracking the latest value in shared memory, we could
> certainly clamp to that to ensure it didn't go backwards.  The problem
> is where to find storage for a per-DB value.

Adding new data columns to catalogs in backbranches seems like a great
reason to have an hstore column on every catalog table.

That way we can just add anything we need without causing other problems.

Obviously something for the future.